Friday 20 April 2012

Preparing For An Interview/Meeting

Next week I have an interview/meeting. I guess it's quite a big deal for me as he's giving me the opportunity to come and have a chat with him and if I impress then maybe he'll keep me in mind for up and coming jobs they may have available. 


I think it's really important to be well prepared, especially when you're trying to sell yourself and your qualities to someone so that you're unforgettable. This is what I'm going to do: 

  • Firstly, make sure I know my stuff - would probably look like a bit of a numpty if I turned up and didn't really know anything about the company he's working for!
  • Secondly, I need to have a main talking point - so for example mine is going to be how difficult it is nowadays for graduates to get jobs. He recently wrote an article in the Chronicle about it so I think that would be a good tact to go with! 
  • Thirdly, talk about myself and what I'm capable of doing - it's a good idea to recall previous work experience/internships and try to persuade him that I'd be a good asset to the company if they hired me. 
  • Fourthly, to always stay positive and smiley - nothing better than to work a bit of charm! 
  • Lastly, print off my CV and give it to him hand to hand - that way he has a hard copy of it there that he can use as a reference in case anything comes up. 

Guess we'll just have to see if this all pays off....

No comments:

Post a Comment