Reflecting on my season - I had some awesome times, met some great people and not to mention picked up a hobby that I love and became pretty good at...all of which I miss. But I learnt some valuable lessons when it came to the working side of things. Just some advice to anyone thinking about Chalet Hosting:
- Don't think it will be easy - because it's not! (attention to detail is essential, along with the other million things you need to remember to do)
- Looking down numerous toilets 6 days a week isn't great, not to mention sometimes having to scrub sick off the bathroom walls...mmm lush.
- You have to work early mornings and then be back to work in the evening, sometimes until late (which is balls after a hard days riding up the mountain)
- If you get a job with a privately run chalet keep in mind you may have to put up with old men and guests talking absolute garbage at you.
- Make sure you're not the youngest person working - that seems to be a good enough reason to be treated like sh*t!
Just don't be afraid to fight your corner and if that means leaving - do it.